Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Fires in La Loche

Chester Fries Chicken outlet

The emergency fire siren started at 3:30 in the morning on October 1, 2014.  La Loche Volunteer Fire Department  was still at the scene at 3:00 in the afternoon and the fire was still smouldering when these pictures were taken.  Destroyed in the fire was the Chester Fried Chicken outlet on La Loche Avenue (the main street).  The owners, who lived in the buildings' suite, were awakened by the smoke alarms and called 911.  This popular store, built in the 1980s, sold concession and novelty items as well as take-out food